You’ll always find me reading the back of packaged goods at grocery stores, and/or snapping pics of foods that look too good not to make at home. And these cute Almond Mini Muffins are no exception. They’re perfect as a quick healthy breakfast option for those on the go in the morning, or anytime you’re craving a snack during the day. I love that they’re small enough for tiny hands to handle, yet packed with so much flavor and good-for-you ingredients that both young and old can feel good about eating.
These Almond Mini Muffins are dairy, egg, peanut, soy, wheat, and gluten free, as well as refined sugar free, nutritious, healthy, paleo, vegan, and just plain delicious! And because these muffins are almond based, they’ll fill you up and keep you feeling satiated longer and satisfied throughout the day. They’re so easy to make too and everything’s done in one bowl.
My kids loved these mini muffins. As in they begged me to make more. And when kids beg you to make something as healthy and tasty as these treats, you do it for them – no questions asked. Kid-approved people!
- 2½ c almond flour
- 1 c unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ c pumpkin seeds (Pepitas), lightly toasted
- ⅓ c sunflower seeds, lightly toasted
- ¾ c raisins
- Scant ¾ tsp himalayan salt, OR ¼ tsp sea salt*
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅔ c pure maple syrup
- ¼ c plus 2tbsp coconut oil, softened
- ½ tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly grease a mini muffin tin with coconut oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add all of the dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Add maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients, and stir using a spatula until fully incorporated.
- Next, using a 1" ice cream scooper or a spoon, scoop enough of the batter to fit inside muffin cavity, pressing down gently as you fill.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, until sides are a nice golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Leave mini muffins in the tin to set for approximately 5 minutes before removing.
- Pop muffins out of muffin tin and enjoy warm or store at room temp in a lidded container for up to 5 days. You may also refrigerate mini muffins to extend freshness.