Wait till you try these beauties – my Chocolate Cherry Bombs to be exact! Super duper easy to make, and in about 15 minutes you’ll have beautiful, presentation worthy treats everyone and their mother will love!
Speaking of which, May is upon us which means an important day is coming up – Mother’s Day!!
This recipe is something else. I actually wasn’t going to post it because of how easy it was to make. Then I thought “why not post it??” It’s just the thing to share with everyone :) So that’s exactly what I’m doing.
These mouthwatering and drool-worthy Chocolate Cherry Bombs, that you absolutely have to make or else we can’t be friends, are free from:
- Tree nuts
- Animal products and by-products
If your mother is anything like mine, then you’ll score big points and will become her fav* when you make her these beautiful healthy and decadent cherry bombs.
The key to their amazing taste and texture? Frozen cherries! Ever wonder why frozen fruit bags always have a “do not refreeze after thawing”? It’s because when you leave frozen fruit on the counter to thaw they turn mushy, and refreezing them will cause ice crystals to build up and they lose their shape. Ordinarily a BIG no – but not in this case!
Frozen cherries work perfectly in this recipe. They’re given the chance to turn super juicy inside the chocolate to give you a burst of deliciousness in every bite! Using fresh cherries is definitely doable but I don’t recommend it – you wont get the same results unless you use frozen.
Plus, frozen fruits are economical, they’re perfectly ripe when picked, and they last much longer than fresh fruit. Bonus – they give others the impression that you spent a bit of time macerating the cherries. No sugar here though, and no extra time spent doing anything fancy. Just delicious frozen cherries. I get my bag from Costco and it lasts us a while. Usually. Now it won’t because I’ll be making these Chocolate Cherry Bombs for everrrr!!
Be sure to keep in touch as you always do :) Find me on Insta, Fb, and of course, right here! And don’t forget to rate this recipe when you get a chance – thank you in advance!! And a special thanks to those of you who are rating my recipes! Leave me a comment too! I want it all baby :D
Happy Mother’s day to my favorite human, my mother, and to all the mothers out there, thanks for all you do to make our world safer, happier, better.
*This statement is not a guarantee that you’ll become the favorite in the family, however – it’s guaranteed to put a smile on her face and warm her heart :)
Chocolate Cherry Bombs
- 2 C dark chocolate chunks/chips
- 1 Tbsp refined or regular coconut oil
- 15 frozen cherries
chocolate mold of choice - I used a rose mold
- In a double boiler, melt 1 cup of chocolate. Once melted, add coconut oil and stir until completely blended. Remove from heat and add remaining 1 cup of chocolate. Leave about 3 minutes or so before you stir the chocolate into the melted chocolate. Continue stirring until all of the chocolate has melted and your chocolate is smooth and silky.
- Pour a bit of chocolate into each mold cavity, spreading the chocolate up slightly on the sides.
- Then, place one cherry per cavity. Cover cherries with remaining chocolate, dividing evenly, until chocolate is used up.
- Place your mold in the freezer and allow chocolate to set for 10 to 15 minutes. You'll know it's ready when the chocolate looks kind of dull.
- Remove from freezer and pop the chocolates out of the mold one by one. If desired, place in mini cupcake liners, and store in a lidded container in the fridge.