What’s the international language of love? If you said Italian, you’re wrong.
Everyone understands chocolate speak, but the same can’t be said for any other language. See what I mean?
Smooth, silky, decadent, and complements practically anything, chocolate almost always comes to mind when a special occasion arises. Think birthdays, anniversaries, a special date, and of course, Valentines Day – or Love Day as I prefer to call it.
But chocolate and food allergies can pose a challenge for those with restricted diets since most store-bought candies have milk in them as well as some of the other common allergens, like soy, egg, wheat, and tree nuts.
Fortunately, I have the perfect recipe for you: these Chocolate Covered Coconut Bars. If you loved the Bounty bar as a kid, then you’re going to love these ones, dare I say even more!?
They’re priority allergens free and naturally sweetened which makes them a much healthier dessert to indulge in, something you’ll be doing – I guarantee it. And this recipe happens to be easy and no-bake which means you and the kids can make together. And if you want to up the wow factor you can turn them pink, the natural way.
This unbelievably decadent Chocolate Covered Coconut Bars recipe is all you’ll need to impress your special someone(s), or anyone for that matter!
These bars help to satisfy that sweet tooth without feeling too guilty about it. I mean they’re made using honey, coconut, and beets, so you should consider them a part of your daily fruit intake – how amazing is that. ;)
This recipe has been revised and perfected. It’s absolutely a must make for whoever you love, including yourself. Trust me on this one.
These Chocolate Covered Coconut Bars are free from the following:
- tree nuts
- artificial colors and flavors
But they’re MEGA loaded with taste and that wow factor!
When you make this recipe, please leave me a comment here to let me know what you think – your feedback is always appreciated :) And don’t forget to tag me on instagram and facebook so I can see your creations!
Chocolate Covered Coconut Bars - aka Bounty!
- 3/4 C full fat coconut milk, room temp (from a can)
- 2 Tsp coconut oil, softened
- 1/2 C light honey (I used creamed honey)
- 1 Tbsp packed minced raw beets (optional)
- 3 C unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1-2 Pinches Himalayan salt (I pinched twice)
- 3 C dairy free dark chocolate (I used Enjoy Life dark chocolate)
- 2 Tsp coconut oil
- Add first 6 ingredients into a large bowl and using your hands, mix together until fully combined.
- Shape into bars - about 2 inches long, and place on a lined baking sheet. Place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes to harden and set.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 cups of the dark chocolate, and once melted, add coconut oil and stir until chocolate is silky smooth. Remove from heat and add remaining chocolate but do not stir. Allow 3 or so minutes to pass before you start to mix the rest of the chocolate into the melted chocolate. Continue stirring until all of the chocolate has melted and is shiny and smooth.
- Remove coconut bars from freezer and quickly but gently, dip each bar into melted chocolate using a couple of forks or a chocolate dipper if you have one.
- Place back on lined baking sheet to harden and set before enjoying.