You know that time of day when your stomach starts beating you up from inside and suddenly you realize you never ate breakfast before you left the house?! *gasp* That’s been me for some time. Well friends, I have the perfect solution for those on-the-go, rushing-out-the-door days. These perfectly perfect Cranberry Granola Bars.
It’s no surprise I have another granola recipe for you, I love making them. They’re simple, the flavor combinations are endless, and there’s no crap in homemade granola. Well unless you choose to put things that aren’t good for you, that’s up to you. Generally speaking though, homemade is always the way to go!
You’re going to love these bars – and here’s why.
Packed with everything you need for those busy mornings, they’re loaded with healthy ingredients, are naturally sweetened, include good fats, and create delicious flavor combinations. So they’re the absolute perfect thing to grab as you’re heading out the door.
Plus, they’re festive thanks to the addition of dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds!
Aaaand, they’re easy to make. Like super easy. And fun! Sofia helped me make a batch.
My poor girl’s been sick for about 2 weeks. Fever. No fever. Then fever again. And now stuffy nose and coughing. The feeling of helplessness sucks big time when you want to make their pain go away but not sure how.
Anyway, I made this delicious Roasted Carrot Bisque for her and the fam…
and more Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls! Much to the chagrin of my husband who’s still convinced I’m sabotaging his “healthy” lifestyle.
But dessert is always a good idea when you’re not feeling well! It’s common knowledge.
Back to the topic at hand.
These delicious Cranberry Granola Bars are free from:
- tree nuts
- animal products & by-products
What else? They’re sweetened with pure maple syrup and a touch of Himalayan salt is added so you know they’re going to taste earthy and absolutely delicious. They actually kinda remind me of baklava! Mmm, yes please!!
I’m currently on nose-blowing and tea-making duties. With lots of kisses and cuddles added to the mix. We’re going to watch
Mulan Moana… for the 3rd time this week :’O
Mulan was my choice, but moms don’t get a vote in these matters. Well, at least I don’t!
Enjoy making these super easy and super delish Cranberry Granola Bars. And as always and forever, don’t forget to rate this and any recipe you make on NDNC. Leave a comment and/or feedback and let’s keep in touch here, insta, and FB. xx
Cranberry Granola Bars
- 2 1/2 C rolled oats
- 1/2 C pumpkin seeds
- 1 C dried cranberries
- 1/4 C unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 Tsp Himalayan salt OR sea salt
- 3/4 C maple syrup
- 1/3 C coconut oil softened
- Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly grease a 9"x13" pan and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Toast oats and pumpkin seeds (if not already roasted) in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss together until well combined the toasted oats, pumpkin seeds, cranberry, salt, and shredded coconut.
- In a small bowl, add maple syrup to the softened oil and whisk well a few times. Then add it to the dry ingredients and using a spatula, stir and fold until dry ingredients are fully coated.
- Next, spread granola mix into the prepared pan, pressing firmly as you go.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, until light golden in color.
- Remove from oven and leave pan on the counter until cool to the touch. Place in the fridge to cool completely and harden. Minimum 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove from fridge and cut into even sized bars.