How’s this for the first post of 2019?
I say it’s pretty damn amazing!! This super Creamy Cauliflower and Parsnip Soup is to die for. But don’t take my word for it – make sure you try it out and get back to me. I PROMISE you’re going to love this recipe!
This soup is free from:
- tree nuts
My husband and I went out for dinner last week and this was their featured soup of the day. Since there was no description available, I had to decipher what I thought was in it. By the way, I’m that girl who always has her notes app opened on her phone, tasting the dish and jotting down notes (if I liked the meal, obviously).
I loved this soup so much I knew I was going to replicate it at home. And guys, it tastes exactly like what I had at the restaurant. Except of course, my soup is allergy free and likely has half the fat of their soup if not even less!
If that doesn’t sound good enough, cauliflower is also a superstar vegetable – it has anti-inflammatory properties, vitamin C, helps boost your immune system, and is versatile. Parsnip too is versatile, and it’s also sweet, offers vitamin C, fibre, manganese, and folate, and it lends a rich taste to this soup. Did I mention how easy it is to make?! Win-win all around.
You’re going to love this soup because it’s:
- super creamy
- allergy free
- easy to make
- absolutely delicious!!!
- And finally, it’s like hugging your favorite teddy bear. Who doesn’t love that!?
Everyone at home loved this soup and my bet is you will too.
If you agree with me then let me know, and even if you don’t! I love hearing from you regardless! So be sure to rate and comment on what you thought of this recipe and anything else you try here on NDNC.
Happy soup making! xx
Creamy Cauliflower Parsnip Soup
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil, or olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed and finely chopped
- 7 C chopped cauliflower from 1 small to medium cauliflower head
- 2 1/2 C chopped parsnip from 3 parsnips
- 3 C chicken broth no - low sodium
- 2 C water
- 3 1/2 Tsp sea salt, OR to taste - please SEE NOTES
- 1 1/4 C full fat coconut milk, I use canned
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Measure coconut milk and add the 2 tablespoons of lemon juice to it. Stir a couple of times. Set aside.
- In a large pot, cook onion and garlic on medium heat until wilted - about 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and parsnips and continue cooking the vegetables, stirring from time to time to prevent any browning and help speed up the cooking process, for approximately 10 minutes.
- Next, add broth and water, and bring to medium high heat to get to a boil. Once it starts to boil, add half of salt, stir, and taste. Adjust according to desired taste.
- Then, cover pot with lid and lower the temperature to medium low. Cook for 20 minutes, until vegetables are fork tender.
- Remove lid, turn heat off and using a hand blender, pulverize the vegetables until soup is super creamy and smooth.
- Give the soured coconut milk a stir and add it to the soup. Stir until fully combined and soup is silky. Serve and enjoy!