I made these after I’d picked up Munsur from school. Let me tell you they disappeared within minutes when it was time to eat! They were super easy to make but the best part was eating them – very light, crunchy, and packed with layers of delicious flavour. They’re a lot of fun to make and even more fun to consume! :)
Creamy Chicken Bites Yields: 24
1 recipe Mini Phyllo Bowls
3Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 leek stalk, finely chopped
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1C previously Roasted Chicken, finely chopped (for my Vegans and Vegetarians, replace with equal amounts of Seitan, Tofu, or omit altogether)
3/4C Chicken Broth (replace with equal amount water and add 2Tbsp extra virgin olive oil for vegan/vegetarian)
1/2C-2/3C Daiya Mozzarella cheese shreds
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Have phyllo bowls ready. Set aside.
2. In a medium pan, add chopped leeks and onion with the olive oil, and stir on medium heat until wilted, about 3-5 minutes.
3. Next, add chicken and cream cheese and stir to incorporate. Let cook for a couple of minutes.
4. Add broth, stir, then let cook for a few minutes more. Approximately 4 minutes, until broth has just started to absorb into the cream cheese – making it smoother and easier to work with.
When you’re ready to eat, assemble.
5. Drop a heaping tablespoonful of the chicken mixture into each bowl as shown.
6. Then, add the shredded cheese over bowls and place in the oven under Lo broil. Make sure to pay close attention to them as you don’t want to burn the bowls!
All you need is about 1 1/2 minutes tops – until cheese shreds have just begun to melt.
Remove from oven, place sliced grapes on top and enjoy!
The grapes add that sweetness which compliments the saltiness of the chicken and cheeses beautifully.
These will surely be a hit in your household. :)
Bon appétit! xo