February’s upon us which means I’ve officially had enough with winter. The first snowfall is pretty and romantic, but a few months of slush, ice, slips, a bruised tailbone, and bone-chilling cold air is too much for this chick.
And, our basement flooded twice last month! The sump pump was so overworked, it quit. And it’s less than a few years old! Ugh.
I think we got close to a meter of snow this past weekend too…. Are you kidding me right now!? Let’s get this over with, winter. I’m so done with you.
Thankfully, my husband MacGyvered some contraption to move the water away from the side of our house where the water has been seeping in. So far, so good. He definitely deserves his fav PB Cups treats – I’ll get to making them right after I finish with this post ;)
I made this super easy and super comforting Creamy Gemelli Pasta garnished with parsley around the time of the flooding because I needed consoling. I knew I wasn’t going to get that from my husband because he was in a way worse mood than I was! So the next logical step was to turn to food for that warm hug.
Emotional eating at its best :D
My idea of comfort food is one that isn’t complicated and hits the spot every time – exactly like this creamy pasta dish.
This recipe not only embodies comfort but it’s also quite refreshing thanks to the addition of fresh parsley leaves. You’re going to love it!
I had never heard of Gemelli pasta until just recently but it’s become one of my favorite shapes to cook and eat. Its smooth spiral shape provides great texture when eating; and it handles sauces well. If you can’t get Gemelli, sub for corkscrew pasta like Fusilli. But I think you’ll be very happy if you get your hands on this type of pasta… do your best!
This dish is all about simplicity and comfort. It’s allergy friendly and can easily be made top allergy free by using gluten free (GF) pasta. A GF pasta brand I use and can vouch for is GoGo Quinoa – I love their pastas because they’re priority allergens free, gluten free, delicious, healthy, and they hold up to heat and other ingredients well (doesn’t get slimy/mushy like some of the other brands I’ve tried).
Do you have a fav brand of pasta you love? Let me know so I can try them!
My Creamy Gemelli Pasta with Parsley is free from:
- tree nuts
- wheat/gluten (using GF pasta)
- animal products
When you try this recipe drop me a line in the comments and let me know what you think of it! Don’t forget to take a picture and tag @nodairynocry on Insta so I can see your beautiful food!
Can’t wait to share the most delicious sweet treat with you guys coming up next!
Stay tuned. xx
Creamy Pasta with Fresh Parsley
- 2 C Gemelli pasta, not cooked (~ 250g - or half package)
- 1/2 C reserved pasta water
- 1 C dairy free mozzarella cheese shreds (I use Daiya Mozzarella cheese shreds)
- 2 Tbsp vegan mayo (I use Vegenaise by Follow Your Heart/Earth Island)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tsp sea salt plus to taste
- Handful fresh parsley leaves
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil.
- Once water starts boiling, add the teaspoon of salt then add the pasta.
- Allow pasta to cook according to package instructions. Cook to al dente for best results. Pour water but reserve 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Return pot to stove and on medium heat, combine reserved pasta water, mayo, garlic, and cheese. Stir constantly until sauce comes together and is creamy and smooth. Remove from heat and season with sea salt to desired taste.
- Dump pasta back into the pot and gently combine with the sauce.
- Garnish with fresh parsley leaves just before serving.