This is arguably the best hummus you will have.. I know, pretty bold statement – it’s a great thing my mother-in-law doesn’t go online!!
I want you to try it and see for yourself how creamy and silky smooth this turns out. And the taste is beyond delicious.
Hummus is a great dip that’s healthy and full of nutrients. Bonus: it’s super easy to make! Serve with crispy pita bread slices, fresh vegetables, or anything you’d normally dip!
- 2 C chickpeas (pre-cooked or if canned, drained)
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 C tahini (sesame paste, available at middle-eastern stores)
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus more for garnish
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- This recipe will yield approximately 2.5 cups
1. In a food processor, add the chickpeas and blend until completely smooth.
2. Add tahini and blend until completely incorporated.
3. Next, add oil, lemon juice, garlic, and salt and blend until all ingredients are fully incorporated and super smooth.
Done! Simple right? Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil and extra chickpeas if you have any on hand, or serve as is.
Who needs canned hummus when you can make your own batch at home, without the unnecessary ingredients.
Bon appétit! xo