I have the perfect treat for you just in time for this long weekend! These cute and unbelievably easy-to-make Marshmallow Pops.
This was my kids’ last week at school, so for their end of the year party, I made pizza and these cuties. I thought about making cookies but wasn’t in the mood for that kind of work. Then I thought about a cake, but I would’ve had to bring a knife and plates and napkins for the kids, so no. And I’ve been on a cupcake making spree recently so the thought of making more of those … wasn’t happening.
So I opened my cupboard and stared at it until the idea of dipping marshmallows in chocolate came to me! To make it even better – up the ante if you will, I grabbed what little sprinkles I had left and got to work.
You can obviously cover your chocolate mallows in sprinkles. I had to sprinkle sparingly because I had so little left to use. The kind I used to buy hasn’t been available on the market for a few years – they’re naturally colored and no chemicals or preservatives in them.
I found a natural brand recently which I’m excited to get! And once I do, these babies will be covered entirely in sprinkles ;)
These Marshmallow Pops were a huge hit.
Why wouldn’t they be? There’s chocolate, pillowy marshmallows, and sprinkles, all on a stick!
Plus there’s zero baking involved. It’s virtually mess free – save for one bowl! err, and a cup.. but that’s it. Sometimes, simple is best. You can’t beat that.
Easy. Mess free. Delicious.
This recipe is free from the following:
- tree nuts
- animal products
Update on my homemade marshmallows saga…
I took a break from marshmallow testing but after I made these, I think I’m going back to the “lab” to do some more. Last batch I made was my closest at getting to the commercial variety…you know, like the likes of Dandies. Not as perfect as theirs but keep in mind, it’s homemade so it automatically makes them better.
Wouldn’t you agree?
I know you’re going to love making and eating these Marshmallow Pops. If you’re having a birthday party, or want to make something to bring to a friend’s house, or heck, even celebrate your Country’s birthday.
Stay in touch as always. Love hearing from you – and if you make any of my recipes don’t forget to tag me on insta and show me!
Oh and please rate the recipes you do make and comment if you’d like (optional but totally appreciated) because this helps more people find No Dairy No Cry. :D
Here’s to you, Canada. xx
- 2 C dairy free chocolate chips I used dark chocolate chips by enjoy life
- 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 bags allergy friendly marshmallows I used dandies brand
- sprinkles optional but encouraged
- Prepare the marshmallows: Push the lollipop stick in either end in the centre of the marshmallow, until you almost reach the top. Place on a lined baking sheet. Repeat with all marshmallows. Set aside.
- In a double boiler, melt 1 cup of chocolate chips. Once melted, add oil and stir until completely combined. Add remaining chocolate chips, leave unstirred for 2 minutes, then stir until chocolate is melted and silky smooth.Optional Step: pour chocolate into heat proof cup to make it easier to dip!
- Dip marshmallow into chocolate, swirl chocolate to ensure mallow is all covered. Add a few sprinkles on the sides and set the chocolate dipped marshmallows on its head back onto the lined baking sheet. Repeat with all marshmallows.
- Place chocolate marshmallows in the freezer for approximately 10 minutes or until chocolate looks dull.
- Remove and allow to come to room temp or close to before enjoying.