Chocolate Easter Bunnies!
Arguably the easiest recipe you’re going to come across this week :)
How cute are they?
They’re so easy to make, in fact, you don’t really need a recipe.
I was originally planning on posting this recipe on my Instagram and Facebook feeds. But then thought about those of you who don’t use social media to
waste pass the time – I wouldn’t have believed it either had it not been for my one friend who still doesn’t have any social accounts!! Well that’s not true, she only just got an insta account like a month ago! *raised hands emoji*
So I thought if she’s this way, then there has to be many more like her out there in this world. Am I right? To her credit, she actually has no time to waste. Whenever you talk to her she’s doing something. And like a productive something. Nothing like what I would do; for example when I have a minute to spare, I take advantage of it! But before I know it, I’ve spent 30 minutes drooling over food pics and getting caught up on other people’s lives. Hate when that happens.
Maybe I should get off social media.
Naaaaah. Totally kidding!
But truth is, we’re all addicted to social. Yes it’s a great time waster, and it’s so super negative and privacy invading (hello, FB), but it’s also great. It’s helped me connect with like-minded people whom I can’t wait to meet in person one day. It also gives me an avenue to share my allergy friendly food recipe with as many people as I can reach :)
Like this perfect easy delicious recipe!
These adorable Mini Chocolate Easter Bunnies are free from:
- tree nuts
- animal product and by-product
Have fun making these cuties – and don’t forget to also make my Chocolate Easter Eggs…AKA Cadbury eggs!! Allergy free and filled with creamy delicious filling – they give Cadbury a run for its money ;) They’re so easy to make you’re going to love the process and the end result. I promise.
Stay in touch with me – drop me a line here, rate my recipe (please with a cherry on top)
if when you make it, and I’ll see you on social too!
Hoppy long weekend, friends!
Had to do it. xx
Perfect Mini Chocolate Easter Bunnies
- 1 1/2 C dairy free chocolate chips, I used Enjoy Life Brand
- 2 Tsp coconut oil
- 10 allergy friendly mini marshmallows, halved. I used Dandies marshmallows
- 20 additional mini marshmallows and/or allergy friendly jelly beans, optional but fun!
Bunny moulds available at your local craft store like Michaels.
- Place 1 cup chocolate in a heatproof bowl on a double boiler and melt chocolate. Once melted add coconut oil and stir until chocolate is completely smooth and shiny.
- Remove bowl from heat and add remaining 1/2 cup chocolate. Leave for approximately 2-3 minutes before stirring. Stir well until all the chocolate has melted and is silky smooth in texture.
- Fill bunny moulds half way only, then add cut marshmallow to make the "tail". If you're going to add a little jelly bean or mini mallow, then put a little but of chocolate at the bottom, place the candy, then cover candy and fill the mould with chocolate halfway to 3/4 of the way.
- Place mould in the freezer to set. About 10 or so minutes. Remove from freezer once chocolate bunnies are set, pop them out of the mould, and store in a lidded container at room temp or in the fridge.