My kids love french fries. But they’re laden with unhealthy oils, and I find them to be quite salty (is it just me?) And I’m convinced restaurants put something in their fries to make them taste so pleasing to kids, and I don’t like the thought of that even being a probability. So instead, I make them these delicious alternatives, and I’m happy to say that my kids are left satisfied and satiated every time; and I’m left feeling happy knowing they’re consuming something healthy.
Before you start thinking that I’m an uptight mom who doesn’t let her kids ‘live a little’ and enjoy fries on occasion, we usually will get a small fry for my kids to share on special occasions….. hmm, now that I’m re-reading this… . :|
Back to these potatoes. They are amazing! They taste so good and making them is a breeze. Next time your kids ask for fries, make them these healthier alternatives instead!
- 8 yellow potatoes, washed and cubed
- 2Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1Tbsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper (optional) to taste
1. Preheat oven to 420F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Wash and cut potatoes in cubes.
3. Add oil and toss until fully coated.
4. Sprinkle oregano all over potatoes.
5. Finally, add salt and pepper to taste. Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes until crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, and a beautiful golden colour.
Remove from the oven and enjoy.
These yummy things taste amazing with my Avocado Aioli! Oh my God – killer combo you guys!! I’m going to make these right now…Happy cooking!
Bon appétit! xo