How adorable are these dressed up celery sticks? When my little man saw them the first thing he said was “I’m having watermelon for snack?!” He loved them! So much so that he’d asked if I could send some with him to school! He couldn’t get over the fact that mama made hummus pink! Not only did I make it pink, but I did so naturally. :)
This is such a simple, delicious, super healthy, super pretty, guilt free snack to prepare and one your entire family will love!
Pink Celery Sticks Yields: ~9 sticks
~2Tsp shredded beet
3 celery stalks, cut into thirds
Some black sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
1. Wash celery stalks well and score into thirds as shown.
2. Remove tough fibers completely before snapping celery into the three pieces.
3. Wash and peel skin off beet. Then, in a small ball, and using either a microplane (recommended) or the thinnest blades on your grater, grate about 1 teaspoon beet.
4. Add hummus and stir until it turns a pretty pink! Too cute!
5. Dress celery sticks with pink hummus and top with black sesame seeds for added benefit and effect.
Watch your children’s eyes as they open wide in amazement at what their superhero just made for them :)
Bon appétit! xo