Naturally Sweetened Berry Fig Salad!!
Who’s ready for the best salad everrrrr??
You? I thought so ;)
Let’s dive in.
I had such a hard time coming up with the perfect name for this salad. It definitely screams summer, but it’s absolutely delicious any time of the year.
Thanks to the help of so many of you on Instagram (and a few on facebook!) I was able to give it a much better, more SEO friendly title :) Thank goodness for that!
Here were some of the suggested titles (super creative/funny btw!):
- Fig’n Berry Salad
- The Vineyard Salad
- Tutti Frutti Salad
- Fruit Blast Salad
- Color my World Salad
- Rainbow Salad
- Figgy Salad
- Fig-Licious Salad
- Berry Green Salad
- Ode to Summer Salad
- Salad of the gods
Berry Fig Salad for the win!
So, it was only natural that I’d share yet another unbelievably delicious version of what I was going to call The Best Salad on Earth salad.
It’s full of flavor, color, texture, and most importantly, as in all of my recipes, it has a ton of love infused right in.
Can’t find figs? No worries!
Once fig season is over (typically by end of October), you can still continue to enjoy this gorgeous salad – simply omit the figs until they make their return in the summer :)
If only all of life’s problems were this easy to solve, right?
This Berry Fig Salad is free from the following:
- tree nuts (omit the pecans!)
That last one is a biggie because this salad is typically loaded with added sugars – from the candied pecans and the dressing. However, honey is my go-to sweetener – unless I absolutely need to use sugar to ensure the success of a particular recipe. I love using maple syrup as well – depending on what I’m going for in terms of taste profile.
So you can rest assured that this salad will not only make your taste buds happy, but your body will dance for joy too! Taking care of ourselves should be our number 1 focus, and eating the right foods is one of those super important steps to ensure we’re doing just that.
Please let me know what you think of this salad by leaving a comment here and rating the recipe whatever you think it deserves. Don’t forget, you can also always find me on my social media pages here & here – where I share what I’m cooking and baking daily on STORIES and I do weekly LIVES too and show you how to make one of my recipes!
Whenever you’re having the summer blues, make this salad and watch your mood instantly lift and brighten up! I promise this one is going to become a staple recipe in your home.
Until next time, happy salad making! xx
Naturally Sweetened Berry Fig Salad
- 1/2 C blueberries
- 4-5 fresh figs, halved lengthwise
- 1 C grapes, halved lengthwise
- 1 C strawberries, halved lengthwise
- 10 oz baby spring mix, 1 package (284g)
- 1 C candied pecans*, (omit if allergic)
Candied Pecans - Naturally Sweetened
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 C honey, I used creamed liquid honey
- 2 C pecan halves
- dash Himalayan salt
Raspberry Vinaigrette - Naturally Sweetened
- 3/4 C light tasting oil, I used extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 C fresh or frozen raspberries, I used frozen
- 4 Tbsp honey, I used creamed honey
- 1/4 C red wine vinegar
- 1 Tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tsp sea salt
To Make Candied Pecans
- In a large pan, melt coconut oil and honey on medium heat.
- Add salt and stir. Then add pecans. Cook for approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place pecans on parchment-lined baking sheet, making sure they're evenly spread out. Please see notes.
To Make Raspberry Vinaigrette
- Add all ingredients into a blender. Blitz on highest speed until completely emulsified. Use immediately or store in a lidded jar in the fridge until ready to use.
To Assemble Salad
- In a large serving bowl, add the baby greens. Top with cut fruit.
- When ready to serve, add candied pecans and drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately.