These delectable Vegan Cinnamon Rolls came out perfectly! I’ve had to fiddle around with the ingredients a few times to get it just right…and based on the number of rolls that were left over from the get-together last night (none), I’d say I pulled it off :)
Delicious. Simple. Vegan. Give this recipe a go today!
Vegan Cinnamon Rolls Yields: ~ 15 regular sized rolls or ~ 30 mini rolls
For the roll:
2Tsp ground cinnamon
4C flour, sifted twice
2Tbsp baking powder
1 1/4C water
3/4C vegan spread (available at your local superstore in the natural aisle – refrigerated section), softened/melted
1C Packed Brown sugar
2Tbsp ground cinnamon
3/4C Daiya Cream Cheese in plain
1 1/2C icing sugar, sifted
pinch of salt
1/2Tsp ground cinnamon
1Tsp vanilla extract
1. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
2. In another small bowl, combine the filling ingredients (brown sugar and cinnamon) and set aside.
3. Start by spreading some melted vegan spread all over parchment paper on baking sheet.
Tip: You could also make these rolls using tempered glass pan (like a Pyrex) and omit the parchment paper in this case.
4. Spread cinnamon sugar (on top of the vegan spread) all over parchment paper or glass pan. Set aside.
5. In a medium bowl, combine sifted flour, baking powder, cornstarch, and salt.
6. Add water. Start with 3/4 cup first and increase as needed, until you achieve a nice dough. You’ll need to kneed very well in order to get the dough to form. It’s important you don’t skip this step!
7. Next, add melted spread and kneed very well until dough comes together again, is no longer sticky, and is perfectly pliable.
8. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough on a lightly floured surface (only if you notice it’s sticking to the surface, but if not then omit the flour) until you get dough to about an 1/8″ thick. You’ll want to get a nice rectangular shape.
9. Trim any excess and repeat process of rolling dough, reshaping, and trimming, until all dough is used up.
10. Next, spread a generous amount of the filling and cover entire dough including edges.
11. Then, taking your rolling pin, ‘massage’ the filling into the dough. Basically, you’ll want to roll the dough again with the filling in it to get it to adhere and this will help you spread the dough out and get more rolls out of it! See pic.
12.a) Roll dough, nice and tight at the start.
12.b) Cut dough about an inch (1″) for each piece. Place in the desired pan.
13. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, until cinnamon`s bubbling and the dough’s perfectly baked.
While the rolls are baking, prepare the icing. I can`t find the pics for the icing but once I do I will uplaod them to this post. In the meantime:
For the Icing:
1. Using the whisk attachment, start by whisking the cream cheese first until smooth, about 2 minutes.
2. Add sifted sugar, salt, and cinnamon, and whisk on low speed at first but gradually increase speed to high and whisk for approximately 3 minutes.
3. Add vanilla extract. Whisk for another minute until all is incorporated.
4. Remove pans from oven and spread the prepared cream cheese icing onto the hot cinnamon rolls.
Deliciously sweet and amazing!
Bon appétit! xo