This pesto is absolutely delicious. And the wonderful thing about it is that it not only is vegan, but it’s also nut free and completely allergen free and friendly.
I promise you won’t be able to tell the difference and in fact, will prefer my version over the traditional taste due to its simplicity in making it, its wholesome ingredients, and fabulous flavour. :)
In just 3 easy steps you’ll have the freshest, healthiest, allergy-friendly, and tastiest pesto you’ve ever had. So don’t blink..or you might miss it! ;)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1Tbsp Veganaise, or vegan mayo of choice
- 1Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- A small handful fresh basil leaves (about 2Tbsp)
- 1/2Tsp fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Yields approximately 1 cup of pesto
1. Peel and half the avocado and place in a blender or in a blending cup to use with your hand blender. Blend on high speed until avocado is creamed.
2. Add the remainder of the ingredients except for the basil, and blend until fully combined and silky smooth.
3. Finally add basil leaves and blend away for a few seconds more.
There you have it! Told you it’s super easy to make. Use on absolutely anything that your heart desires….food related items obviously :D
I used this sauce on my Kale Pizza (recipe to come)..delicious!
Bon appétit! xo