Now that the warm weather is finally upon us, turn your attention to this ever so simple Vegan Strawberry Sherbet! It’s beyond words! The hint of lemon zest brings this sherbet up a notch! Did I mention how effortless it is to make? You can enjoy this treat right away and freeze the remainder in an airtight container.
- 2 C ice
- 2 C frozen strawberries
- 2 Tsp lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 3/4 C vegan sweetened vanilla yogurt
- This recipe yields approximately 3.5 to 4 cups.
1. Start with ice at the bottom of your blender. Then add the strawberries and the rest of the ingredients.
2. Blend on high speed just until all of the ingredients are fully combined. You may have to scrape your bowl to blend everything together.
Tip: Don’t over process because you don’t want the heat from the blender to melt your sherbet.
3. You’re done! Use an ice cream scoop and serve with either a cone or in a bowl…or eat straight out of the blender if you wish!
You will be making this again and again because of its simplicity and more importantly its delicious taste. Not to mention how healthy it actually is especially compared to anything you would buy outside the home.
Garnish with mint leaves and more lemon zest if desired.
Bon appétit! xo