These Stuffed Mushrooms are delicious, easy to make, and enjoyed by all. If you’re unsure what to make with your fresh mushrooms, then why not try this recipe out? I promise you’ll love every last bite :D
This recipe is free from:
- tree nuts
- animal product/byproduct
Enjoy these savory Stuffed Mushrooms as a side dish to compliment your main meal, or serve as an hors d’oeuvre at your next gathering. xx
4C white and/or cremini mushrooms, cleaned
1 leek stalk, washed well and finely chopped
1Tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Pinch of cayenne pepper
1/4C Daiya plain cream cheese
2Tbsp nutritional yeast
1/2C Daiya mozzarella cheese shreds
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Taking each mushroom, pop the stem off but don’t discard! You’ll be using them for the stuffing.
- Thinly chop the stems and toss in a heated pan with olive oil on medium high heat.
- Thinly chop leek stalk and add it to stems. Stir until leek is wilted and stems are soft about 4 minutes or so.
- Add cream cheese and stir to incorporate. Then add your nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- Take a teaspoonful of stuffing and add to mushroom caps.
- Sprinkle cheese shreds all over mushrooms.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 15 minutes, until mushrooms are soft and cheese has melted.